View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 07:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Ditto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
I don't mean to sound harsh and this will probably be taken the wrong way, but....

Because I feel, (and I think most other car people do) that it's more about the comradery and not so much what a payout might be. I suspect it's always been that way which is why big events with a mix of show and race like the Tri-Power Nats still draw a big crowd. I'm just glad that there are still people putting on such events.

I go, and both race and show, and don't care if I win anything at all. I simply enjoy a chance to get the car out, have some fun on the track, enjoy a weekend among friends, and see other cars. When it starts to become a subject of "how much can I win" then I think the fun is over for me and I've lost the real reason I'm in the hobby.

If I were worried about payouts I'd attend NHRA, NMCA (which has heads up racing Wreckmastr), IHRA events, not an event where most of the focus seems to be surrounding the classic car world.

Personally I hope it's a success and that there will be more to follow. I enjoy the show/race mixed events and believe all shows should be at the dragstrip to add some variety. Lawn chair nationals are a bit boring.
my sentiments exactly!!!

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.