View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat Racer View Post
And here's my comment.
If $600 is too much for a racing budget, and it's too hot, stay out of the kitchen.
If we're bragging ? I finished 2nd in 2011, and got beat by a traditional Pontiac engine.
Last year at Gateway, they had there "super chebby weekend".
Pontiac's with Pontiac engines were NOT invited.
Nor did I wine about it !
Responses to your comments

I have been truly blessed and can spend as much as I want during a year’s time on racing budget. I can assure you the money I did not spend last weekend will be spent at a racetrack somewhere this year.

Yes I remember your car at that event. As I recall since we all are racing a clock from one end of the track to the other you did not get beat by a traditional Pontiac engine. You got beat by the same good driver as I did. He took care of me at the tree and I ran within one hundred of my number. Where did he take care of you at? When we exchanged post in the thread about that Pontiac event you and others were very nice to talk with. Your statement back then was “you were the number 1 loser”. As I recall your GTO ran well and we even lined up against each other one time. I remember thinking while going down the track and looking over into my REARVIEW mirror that black goat is running good. Of course you were still behind me at the finish line. Now that I know how you feel that must have hurt seeing that Pontiac with a 346 CI LS powered engine in it collect it’s time slip at the ticket booth before you. As Walter Brennan use to say “No Bragg just Fact”

Just like you I have no interest in going to a as you put it a "super chebby weekend" now I do enjoy going to a Pontiac event to try and help anyone that is promoting an event that helps the brand of vehicle I enjoy spending time working on and driving on nice weekends.

No crying here just seeing the same old thinking that probably ended the manufacturing of the brand of cars I like.

As stated before let's agree to disagree and go on about our business.

N2