View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've had a lot of PMs on the 73 I mentioned so I thought best to just put a short description here. Once I get the car and look it over myself I'll put it in the for sale area. Super Duty D, your first in line and I'll get with you before I do anything.

I bought the 73 in 2001 with 32k on it. I think it has 38 or 39k on it now. Sold new in MN, then to CO and then Washington state. WA owner had it 10 or 12 years and I bought it from him. It had a poor (probably old enamel) repaint. There were some rust spots behind the rear wheels but small enough to patch easily. It was solid underneath but rough looking. All I did was put in carpet, rebuild the radio, redid the front suspension and drove the heck out of it for a while. At one point I took it to Rocky R to tune and go through the distributor. That's when we found, the hard, expensive way, that the loop holding the oil pump shaft was broken. Upon trying to restart the shaft moved, got caught and locked up the motor. I then went through it completely. HPP April 08 article (I think the article has the dyno results). I had the trans gone through at the same time since it was right there handy. Shortly after I sold the car to the current owner in FL. He had a shop do the cosmetics. Paint, body, underside, etc. Not a concourse nut bolt job but everything clean, smooth and repainted. A very nice driver quality job. He now wants to move on and asked me to sell the car. The car is being shipped here and I want to really look it over and get pics before I get serious with the sale. I always felt the mileage was actual but the title showed exempt. It was a great driving car. #s all matched with the exception of a service sd carb. I have an extra 270 I may offer when it sells. Glove compartment paperwork and phs. Options are black deluxe, console, am/fm, 8 track, windows, locks, hood bird, honeycombs on it but no build sheet to prove. Non A/C car. New TAs when I sold it. I'm pretty sure I had new exhaust put on when I had it. Aluminized pipes, stock configuration. When it gets here I'll get more info, pics and move to proper forum area.

Last edited by sd455hota; 02-26-2012 at 09:55 AM.