View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 03:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dealing with rubes and morons has greatly soured me on trying to sell anything.

I just sold a project truck and it was a two week exercise in frustration. The number of people who don't even read the ad is just amazing to me.

The truck didn't run and this was clearly explained in the ad. Had some guy call and actually talk to me about it. Said he wanted to come out Sunday to get it. He didn't haggle on the price and something just felt off as he hadn't mentioned a trailer or anything so I asked him if he realized it didn't run.

Me: You know it doesn't run, right?
Him: It doesn't run? There's something wrong with the engine? <-- Note that there was a picture in the ad of the engine sitting in the bed of the truck.
Me: Yeah, the engine's in the bed. Did you read the ad?
Him: No.

I mean seriously, WTF? And Facebook Marketplace just makes things worse. There's a button you can push that sends a message to the seller that just says "Is this still available?" So all these morons look at your ad, click the button and then move on. How is the seller supposed to respond to that? All I could do is send a single word message "yes" and they never respond back anyway. Why on Earth would I leave an ad up for something I've sold? So that I can be bothered by mouthbreathers who aren't really interested but can click a button?