View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 01:13 PM

After much digging, I have been able to identify at least 3 different Sprint Y-Pipes... 66-67 (all) appear to be the same. 68-69 Firebird and 68 Tempest/Lemans had a different spacing between the front and rear connections (only 1/4" difference) which would explain the trouble fitting an aftermarket unit... The manifold that Jeff posted earlier in this thread looks to be a 69 only Tempest/Lemans manifold and y-pipe assembly. Look at how much longer the rear port on that manifold is compared to the earlier manifolds. I found a place called Waldron's exhaust that manufactures new units for the F-bodies and their 67 unit seems to be the one that will match up to the manifold that I have.

Jeff, I am going to send them the unit that I got from you so that they can make a template and hopefully start making new exhaust systems for the 69 Tempest/Lemans. After they're done, I'll get them to send this one back to you as it seems the manifold/y-pipe combo that you've got is a very rare bird...

Thanks for all of the help on this guys as I certainly learned a lot about the differences in this 4 year only run of engines!