View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhein View Post
My only objection is based on the word "replace" used by the OP in the title. I've eaten snake, gator, frog, snails, ostrich, Emu and lots of other things.. All by choice. Everything I eat is by choice. If somebody else wants me to replace anything, the answer is no.
Ever eaten groundhog, muskrat, or squirrel? I grew up eating these on a regular basis. When you visited my paternal grandfather and he asked if you were hungry, you didn’t ask what was in his double boiler; you just ate it. Grandpa Ernest trapped to supplement his Army pension($68 per month)and his Social Security($200 per month). As a trapper and a retired farmer he didn’t believe in wasting anything. Grandpa Ernest only trapped muskrats, so when he had a half dozen or so he slow cooked them after he had cleaned and removed their pelts. When it came to the hogs he raised the joke in the family was we ate everything but the oink! Head cheese and souse were delicious when prepared correctly.

Dr. Thomas Sowell