View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

255 60 R15's were originally designed for use on 15x8 rims & their tread definitely roll over some on a 15x7. In the early to mid 80's I bought @ a good discount, & mounted quite a few Goodyear 255 60 R15's; Wingfoots & Eagle NCT's as well as a few Eagle GT's & BFG Comp T/A's.

The 255 60R15 Wingfoot & NCT had the exact same construction, same section width, same tread design & tread width, & when mounted on a 15x8 wheel, the same overall diameter. The same numerical size (255 60R15) Eagle GT had a near inch wider section width, slightly wider tread width, & when mounted on same wheels, were nearly a 1/2" taller. I preferred the NCT's on my own T/A as they were stickier. Also had numerous friends that I'd pickup 255 60R15 Eagle GT's for & few gave me their 1/4 tread Eagle GT's on the next go around.

Ever since that time, never thought it wise to refer to a tire height for any noted size, without actually having that particular product line of tire mounted on the width rim I was intending to use.