Thread: 73 fixer upper
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 07:55 PM

Default 73 fixer upper

I bought this 73 formula nearly 20 years ago. The plan back then was to fix it up. Well, a series of life events including marriage, kids, job changes, and so on and now I am finally to a point in life where this project has finally climbed the priority list. The car started as a '73 formula 400, automatic. I have the entire drive train from a 70 formula available. The car was already minus the original engine/trans so no need to worry about originality. I also have a freshly bored, decked, align bored 455 block with a 428 crankshaft. Other parts I have is a formula hood, new fenders, and a M21 that I just went through and replaced synchros, seals, and bearings.

What I want is something driveable, lots of torque/power, and a manual transmission. The car overall is relatively rust free. The bottom of the car is great. There is a rust spot about the size of a dollar bill in the passenger side rear quarter that will need to be cut out and replaced. Here are a few pictures starting out. My first try with pictures, hope it works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0925201810.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	551971   Click image for larger version

Name:	0925201736a.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	551972