View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 02:32 AM
Suspended

I took it out for a drive tonight & it ran a bit different since the water/coolant is getting into all the proper places ,,NOW. I had to come back I readjust the carb & the choke so it would run the way it has been for the last year. The car never got above 170* even in the traffic I made it go through . I drove it around town going very slow to make it overheat as it use to but it stayed where it should be. But now when I get the 19 1/2 " 7 blade fan I'm going to swap it on there to see if that also makes any difference. As I said in a past post, I had used a 1 inch spacer to move the fan closer to the rad. to see if that would help. But it didn't seem to make any difference, in fact I think it kept it a bit hotter. So I'm going to take the 1" spacer out & put it back in the factory position where the clutch fan bolts right to the hub of the water pump pulley. I think to that will cool it down more as it is the fan is closer to the rad. in the center which is just pulling the air through the center, so by reason by moving it back so the fan is in the spot where the factory put it it will pull ALL the air from not only the center buy the sides of the rad. to as the shroud is completely surrounds the rad. which it will by reasoning pull all the air from the center & the sides of the rad. all at one time cooling the entire rad. at the same time. I was going to do this when I figured out the T-stat was to high causing a steam pocket in the upper hose , but I don't want to have to do this over & over so I'll do this all at 1 time. The fan I'm using now is a 5 blade 17 inch fan, so just because of pure size it should cool better with the 19 1/2 inch fad blade swap.