Thread: Vin Tag Removal
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 02:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

In the original post it appeared that you were considering this car for purchase and wanted advice, but I see now you are inquiring for someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans64 View Post
Just to clarify this, I am not buying the car, but my Brother in Law did a few years back. It was imported to Canada from the USA,
so it did have to go thru the border process, So suspect the Vin is good. Does have some partial vin on the trunk gutters that do match.
As mentioned prior it can not be assumed the vin is legal and correct, the people doing the process at the border may have never seen a 50 year old car.

The numbers your referring if I'm not mistaken are part or date codes and do not correlate to the vin number, perhaps on later models but not 60's or 70's.

Which brings me back to your inquiry, tell your Brother in Law he should read this thread in its entirety and then consider the facts, not opinions.

Some people think to get your Huggies in a bunch over a vin number is silly, you can bet your azz they wouldn't think it was silly if they were missing a car!

Look at some of the comments here, If they weren't so stringent upon everyone about removing vin tags think of what it would do to our automotive hobby.

There are many people without any moral obligation that would pass a questionable car along as it may cost them money if recognized, so why make it worse.

The law is firm for a reason, it protects us all from the likes of scumbags that would prosper from deceit and also those who would argue on their behalf.

I haven't even mentioned (thieves), the main reason it's a felony. Those who don't like that are prone to chit in their hats and some day unknowingly wear them.

Frank