View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
I think those may have been posted here before.

https://www.yellowbullet.com/threads...29971/page-260

Post # 5,197 - 3fastgtos

Stan
I bet it re writes some Pontiac power records when its all ironed out. We will see, should be very interesting. I have some pics of that head on Daves bench with him putting most of his whole hand in a intake port.
Call it whatever you want. I call it a improved RAV. Same cam, same exhaust layout without the RAVs biggest problem. "Something in the Way".
Folks need to stop with all the BS about calling a head this or that. Not "Pontiac" enough. It holds us back. I mean, I don't care for the canted stuff, but some want to give it a shot its a good thing. We have a dying engine family on life support.
Let it all rock and see what we have in the end. If someone wants to stretch a block and heads and pay for it, give it a shot. The BBC and BBF guys who are beating out brains in do it without thinking twice. What is left "stock" in Pro Mod engines ? Not much.
And if some want to do the stock bore spacing thing and pushrod in the port, that great too. Room for both, big tent policy I say.
Just my opinion. As long as there is not a BBC under the hood and it has a "little" Pontiac there its better than the alternative.