View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 12:52 PM

Default The GM ads

I bought all those GM WWII ads at the same Salvation Army Store
They had a huge collection of Life magazines dating back to WWII and wanted $4.00 plus per issue for them.
I kept looking through the pile and bought a few but blanched at the price

after a few weeks, I went through the stack and noticed that at the bottom, there was a pile of loose pages and covers.... I stacked up all the car ads, the WWII ads and covers and interesting full articles I could find. I had a 6 inch pile and got it all for $4.00.

I sorted out the GM ads: WWII and car ads too and took the package to my local GM photo archives guy and he had them all scanned for the archive and returned them with a disc

I ordered a complete set of the WWII ads in 24x36 mounted on foam-core and had them delivered to the GM Vets group for their annual Veterans Day get together at the Tech Center in Warren.

Whe I got to the meeting, the posters were on display all around the room. I mentioned to Ken MacLeod, the president of the Vets Group that I would like Lutz and Queen to take their pick of the posters for their offices. The two VP's cheerfully chose a poster. (It is not everyday that one can change the decor of a GM VP's office)
Hopefully the posters are still there reminding visitors that GM did something for the country when it was desperately needed

Anyway, the ads that Keith has posted are all proudly displayed at every Veteran's Day meeting in Warren and will continue to be there for a long time.

citydesk175

=====================
There are 10 types of people in this world"
those who know binary and those who don't
========================