View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 12:47 AM
Suspended

Fiedlerh , I have the 5 blade 17 inch fan with a new HD clutch that I bought about 3 weeks ago. The system is holding pressure & the cap let go at 16 lbs , I have a Stanz pressure tester. The rad. holds very good pressure , I've pumped it to 18 lbs & it holds just fine. I did move the fan 1 inch deeper into the shroud the last step so it puts the fan about 2 inches from the rad. fins now. The pull through the rad. is good or so it seems because I can put a piece of paper on the outside of the rad. & it will pull it right tight to the core & hold it tight at idle. The cooling system does start to percolate into the overflow jug after it reaches about the 228 mark & then of course the cap lets go as it reaches the limit of the cap pressure while it does that. The nipple I'm using is the brass one that screws into the E-heads, also that came with the E-heads. It won't accept the push in type that is used by the factory as it has threads on the inside area where it fits. When I pulled the water pump off the last time I made sure there was only about .008 to .0010 so it is close & should be within reason. But as stated it is a steel impeller & not the cast impeller. I did take out the T-stat last night & drove it without & it got hot just like before. It just took a little longer to heat up but once it did it just kept going until it got to the point where it was percolating in the overflow again. As stated the rad. is a 3 inch thick Alum. which is fairly new & it is clean as I've had clean water in it now from removing the water pump to change all this stuff so the rad. is as good as flushed & the water thats in it is clean & clear. I did put a new T-stat in it this morning a 180* T-stat but haven't driven it yet to see if this make any difference at all. I don't have a 19 inch fan to try on it & have looked in a few of the junk yards around here but it's getting slim pickings around here to. Any more Ideas???? My next is going to be to replace the water pump with a cast impeller one possibly from GMB so i can get one of the Alum. bodied pumps with the cast impeller. Then ,,,,, I don't know whats next to do.