View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Suspended

Well I went on ebay last night & bought a 19 inch 7 blade fan for it, & it will be probably about 5-6 days before I get it but I'll see what happen there. As far as my timing I'm right now running the timing at 12 advance with the vacuum unhooked & the car runs great at that setting. The advance is at 34 at right at 3100, so I think I have it pretty close to where it should be. If i go much farther the car will start to spark knock, & i don't want that. I know there isn't a head gasket concern as I have none of the problems you'd have with that. I think I may get into the carb & put a little bit smaller primary rods in the richen it up a little but it runs so good right now & don't want it to be blowing black smoke out the tail when I hit the gas. But again I don't understand why I can drive it easy , hard or any between & as long as I'm going over about 30mph it will stay at 165 & then when I get into traffic for about 3-4 mins it will go right up to 220 & higher if I don't get it back up. It seems to have plenty of air flow through the rad. as it will keep a piece of paper stuck to the outside of the rad. just sitting still. ?? Will the 19 inch fan help ???? I'm hoping it will . I'm going to drive it today to see how the 180* T-stat works in it. I don't think the last 165* T-stat was stuck closed but I'll see what happens when I go out today.