View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to NHRASuperStock455SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIV-Z View Post
Thanks Tom,
As I expected, it won’t fit

I need to weight the cost of rocker arms suitable for the 705+ open spring pressure, long rockers studs for girdle, adjustable guide plates, and a custom stud girdle against just shipping the heads out and having a rockershaft made.

Ed

You have alternate intake valve placement Ed that would require specials. No big deal, but you have to send the head in. The last time I had special Jesels made up, it took 4 months. I have two sets and $4600 in two sets on my super stocker.

RAV is not the same as a stock Pontiac, Edelbrock is not the same as either. Our engines that have rocker shafts will also more than likely alternate intake valve placements. We made the decision to keep the stock locations as the OEM RAV engines for the guys who wanted a direct bolt on alum heads since Pontiac made about 200 sets to do a close as possible replacement head.

The head porter's head is required for valve movement which provides a huge advantage for heads up style performance trying to match performance of our competition in certain racing avenues against the newer style heads.

lmc3470@aol.com
www.ChemicalManagementIndiana.com
317-260-3486

Last edited by NHRASuperStock455SD; 04-12-2012 at 02:02 PM.