View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRASuperStock455SD View Post
Eds engine design was to drive this engine on the street. This is the maximum spring pressure Tony will do for any engine going for any trips on the street.

If making this a dediicated race car, we might have done things a bit differently and all mostly in the valve train. Same as my street engine on High Performance Pontiac. I think my street engine with just springs could make upwards of 900HP.
Lynn,

The design goal from the beginning was for a pump-gas engine capable of 1600HP, i.e. something which could be used for events like dragweek. If you read the Turbonetics spreadsheet you posted, you’ll see that it’s going to take substantial boost pressure to hit the target horsepower goal. I’d appreciate it if the boost experts or anyone familiar with running boosted engines posts what the spring seat pressure should be to meet the original design goal. LSM is recommending 300lbs. If additional information is needed please let me know.

The valve train parts should have been selected based what was required to work reliably with the entire package.

Crane Energizer Roller Rocker…

What were you thinking; especially after I told you they are not up to the task and to get either stainless crower or a shaft system. I believe this was around the time you told me the rocker stud holes were being welded up and relocated because of alignment issues. You, Tony and I know the right thing to do would have been to send the head out and have a shaft made. From a cost point of view it would have most likely been close to a wash and taken maybe 2 additional months.

Who made the final call to move the studs?