View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for those links guys !

Of those I'd choose the Sky Bird, IF it has a decent interior. Since no interior pics were posted, it may have problems. But, the body looks good.

But, after giving it considerable thought, I'm gonna try to hold out for something with a Pontiac engine, especially a 350 or larger. That could make a Bird worth thousands more than one with a Chevy engine, to me.

The sbc engine and most everything that's bolted to it is absolutely worthless, to me. I've tried to sell decent Chevy performance parts. Nobody in my neck of the woods is interested. They all say they can buy 'em cheaper, or have a friend or relative who will give 'em what they need. No market whatsoever.

So, a weak 305 would be worthless. I probably couldn't get $100 for it, running. Then, there are all the extra parts needed for a Chevy to Pontiac swap, plus all the extra work. At this point in my life, I've decided that I'm not gonna take on projects like that.

A body in decent shape, like that Sky Bird, with any kind of Pontiac engine, even a 301, is something I'd consider. And, there should be quite a few '77-'78 non-T/A Birds out there, with a Pontiac engine. Even if the engine is bad, a 350 or 400 would have 6x heads, and all the pulleys, mounts, and stuff I'd need to install my 455.

Since I'm not in a hurry, I'll just keep lookin. Out of all the Birds out there, I only need one. So, I'll find it, or something that'll work for me.