View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default I knew it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead59 View Post
I found the problem !!!! FINALLY. Just took off timing cover. I have a Cloyes 3 key timing set and crank gear is on "advance" keyway. Plus i wasn't using correct symbol (timing mark). So it was ALL screwed up ! I don't think i've ever messed with this type ( 3 keyways ) of crank gear before.
I feel pretty dumb, but at least i'm smarter today than i was yesterday !! Thanks a million for all the help. I know it must be frustrating on your end also. I'll get it back together this weekend and add to this post once it starts. Tks again !!!!!
I've done enough timing belts to know when you said it "Sounded weird when cranking" to know the cam timing wasn't right. Glad you figured it out!

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge