View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chris, congrats on an absolutely incredible score! This is such and enjoyable thread - just read throught the whole thing and I’m looking forward to following along as this car yields its secrets. I am especially jealous of the nice flat-sitting hood. My 74 Formy has the dreaded “bow” and it is one of the braced hoods. Keith’s engineering explanation debunking the myth that leaving them latched caused the bow was interesting, but I am curious as I am sure others are as to what, then, caused it and how do we correct it? Glad you don’t have to worry about it.

I’ll never forget the first time I saw a 71 Formula. It was Lucerne Blue with blue custom interior and it belonged to a guy named Billy Hawk in Chattanooga. I was driving my 71 LeMans to summer school at Baylor School and Billy was also going that summer. I thought that was the coolest front end and hood scoops. It was that car that inspired me to buy the 74 Formula when I was in College a few years later.

BJ