View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry you lost a friend. But glad you have the good memories.

I helped several guys get started in drag racing. Let 'em help me build the cars, taught 'em everything I'd learned about it, and spent lots of weekends racing with 'em. 3 of those guys are now gone, all younger than me.

I went with TJ to a small gathering of her former high school classmates. They mentioned all their other classmates who are gone. There are quite a few.

As we get into the later years of life, the reality of death becomes increasingly more apparent. For some, it is a VERY frightening thought. I suppose that, for many, it's the fear of the unknown. They don't know what the "afterlife" will be like, or even if there IS another life after this one.

One thing is for certain, most of us will probably die, at some point, some sooner than others. So, it's up to every person whether they make any preparations for an afterlife, or not. For those who think there is no God, it's ridiculous to even consider that there is an afterlife, with a Heaven & a Hell. Only thing wrong with that position is: What if they're wrong ? AFTER death, it's too late to change your mind. Gotta make your afterlife plans while you're still alive on earth.

I've made mine. How about ya'll ?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...0&version=AMPC