View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 03:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68ragtop View Post
Had to re-read I am thinking maybe his thoughts could have to do with it being 2001? I have learned sooooo much on this site & other places since that time.

It is interesting though. I had a friend stop by a couple weeks ago & he was surprised that the car would have vinyl decals. I could see people in 1968 peeling those off as its was for sure an era of metal emblems heck even the dealers were riveting on metal logos back then. I think that would have bugged me if I would have been a car buyer in that era.

When did decals like this first start appearing on GM cars as name callouts? Just curious.
Yeah, his post got me thinking about that decal as well. I know they came new with the decal...that's not even an issue. I was surprised that someone who had one new would forget that. It was one of the most iconic things about the '68 GTO to me. I'd never really thought about it but I guess that was really kind of unique at the time, just like the endura bumper. Others were doing it within a year at most though. Trans Ams, Judges, Road Runners, etc.