View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I do brakes on just about every type of vehicle known to man. This includes heavy duty 1 ton trucks from the big three, and all types of passenger cars, include grocery getting "lower" end stuff clear up to Audi/Mercedes.

Most cars take me less than two hours total time from start to finish. I replace the rotors, brakes pads, hardware, and about 50 percent of the time they will get calipers as well. I make that call by looking at the overall condition, condition of the piston/dust seal, and how easily they pushed back into the calipers.

This is the first time it's taken more than a few minutes to remove a rusted in place rotor no matter what it was on. It appears that Ford machined them to be pretty tight against the hubs on the inside, the salt and rust did the rest....Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),