View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 11:53 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks Scott. What you shared is the routing for non RA II cars. Jim Mino and I discussed the dual vacuum distributors that were used in 68. He said those dual distributors were not used on the RA II cars. He recently sold a correct RA II distributor that he restored. He said he has had several and they all had the same date code. Of all the RA II cars he has had and seen the RA II parts were done in batches with date codes sometimes way in advance of invoice dates.

He told me the RA II cars only used 3 ports on the thermostatic switch. I have a engine shot of Jim Mattisons RA II car that he sold back in 2016 that clearly shows only 3 lines connected. Factory service manuals were written and printed long before the RA II cars were even considered for production and then built. However i would assume the 3 lines that were used would have the same colored stripes in the same position per the diagram. So that information does help. I attached a picture of the RA II distributor he restored and engine shot of Mattisons car.

It is interesting to note that one line from carb supplies vacuum to thermostatic switch, then 3 lines are routed back towards vaccum switch and distributor. However i can't tell the routing very well and connection to distributor. Also note that Mattisons car does not appear to have correct RA II exhaust manifold for passenger side. I also attached picture of correct RA II manifold for that side.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3314385.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	545803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-04-16-22-07-54.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	545804   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4416.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	545805  

Last edited by Mcronk; 07-26-2020 at 12:09 AM.