View Single Post
Old 04-04-2000, 01:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

MJ, The picture you are looking @ from PHS shows a pre-production '71 T/A. Like the cars in the '71 Performance Pontiac brochure, these pictures were printed ahead of time & don't accurately how '71's were actually equipped. My 08C built early '71 Judge had a few of the "tall" lug nuts still on it when I purchased it, it was built the 2nd day of production. All original '71 Rally II & HC equipped cars I have run across over last 20 years used the "tall" capped stainless lug nuts #399683. This lug nut was discontinued in the mid '70's & was superceded by the "short" capped lug nut which was available on Rally II 7/16" lugs from 1973 production on up. The "tall" capped lug nuts were only available for 2 years, & were also used on '71-72 Chevelles, ElCamino's & Nova's with Cheby's version of a Rally wheel (the one with the stainless inserts). I used to pull these when yarding in the 80's. I believe the only source for the correct "tall" '71-72 lug nuts in reproduction is Ted Williams Chevy Parts. They reproduced these several years ago, but have never seen these listed in a Pontiac catalogue (hint,hint).