View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67'7F6'Bird View Post
Hi Don, The Ports are looking very Nice!!!

What are the estimated Flow numbers for the Street Port?

Thanks,

Steve
It's hard to believe, but I have only done one other set with my street port. Those flowed over 400 cfm at .900", but at the lift range we building your combo for they are around 380 cfm @ .750" to .800". I'm trying something a little different on yours. So I'm kind of anxious to flow them and see if it helped or not. I really would like to move the flow curve down a little to where the valve will be operating in mostly. On our street / strip porting we have seen 380 @ .650" to .700". The port is a little bigger though to get there, and I'm trying to stay conservative with your port size . I'm trying a different combination of valve angles that will hopefully move it down a little. Stay tuned, more to come!!!!

Something that I want everyone to keep in mind. Flow numbers are not the to die by and gospel for judging a cylinder head. Port cross section, taper, shape, and intended application are way more important. The only reason cfm became the scale to judge cylinder heads by. Was because as consumers we didn't understand how all of the other factors contributed. So with the bigger is better mentality the flow bench wars began. Engine builders and consumers are becoming more and more educated on why a certain CSA and port taper are way more important. I'm not saying that the flow bench does not help cylinder head development, but it's nothing more than a tool just like your torque wrench. If more was better than we would just crank the dial up on our torque wrenches to the max and torque all of engine bolts. I know that's extreme, but you get my point. With a well designed freer flowing port comes bigger cfm numbers, but bigger flow numbers don't necessarily mean more power. It's all about the combo from air cleaner to tail pipe.

330-628-3354 cell
Designer if the DCI Tiger Heads and the NEW DCI Ram Air 5 Heads !!!!!