View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Most of my fun cars are manuals, the Solstice, Firebird, Astre, and even the 73 Lemans wagon. But this is my wife's DD so a Manual trans was not an option. Plus this is the car she wanted and she actually ordered it and paid for most of it. I will have to look into a anti theft system, but it will have to leave the remote start working or she will not go for it.

Here are the promised Pictures, I am still really amazed at the cars condition, at 1st glance it looks like they just took it for a joy ride and ran it until it was out of gas. They went thru everything, and left a bunch of snack wrappers in the car. But dependently not much a old woman considers necessary in her car was of interest. The Battery is still in the car but is dead, evidently the alarm system was going off when it was towed in Thursday afternoon. Next week the show will see if they can reteach the Key fobs, and get it started, they are trying to trickle charge the battery over the weekend. Fingers crossed that nothing was damaged on the drive train. One good thing is the winter tires don't have much grip in the rain so really abusing the engine would have been difficult.
The day consisted of 2 hours on the phone with the Detroit Police Impound Lot to find what location it was at, returning the rental car as my employer was Kind enough to let me use our company Pool car for 2 weeks (my employer does treat us better than any company I have ever worked for) Diving an hour to the Grand River Ave impound Lot, Dealing with the short staffed but actually very friendly lot staff. Waiting 2 hours for our turn in line. Paying the $245 impound fee. (that will be reimbursed by the insurance Co.) Finding out it wouldn't start and getting a roll back truck willing to take it 45 miles to our local repair shop.
I considered we were very luck, it was about 40F out, very warm for late January in S/E Michigan. We were actually the last people to get their car out yesterday before they closed up at 3:00pm, The rain held off until we got the car unloaded at the Body shop, and the Body shop owner who I have known for 30+ years paid the tow bill and said he will just add it to the insurance claim. I think it went as smooth as it could have, with a better than I could have hoped for result.
Thanks for all the support and well wishes everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roll back Rt rear.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	627280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roll Back Rt Front.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	627281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Under Hood.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	627282   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wires under Dash.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	627283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Console.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	627284  

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)