View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Good thing it's behind the seat, where it's nice and safe.

Not outside the frame rail, like on my truck.

K
Yeah, you have to love it. Nice and safe inside the cab.

On a more somber note, there is bad news at the Hot Rod Garage. My Pal Dave has had a heart attack or some other cardiac related issue. He was admitted to the hospital last night. They did a heart catheterization today and found no blockage significant enough to insert a stent. They did find that the artery in his right leg groin area was totally blocked. He has had no numbness or other signs of blockage in this leg. The diagnosis of his problem is still unknown. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers please.

It hits particularly close to home because he was just here Wednesday night and we finished up this stage of work on the Green Truck. He brought back the gas tank which he had hauled off to his pal Joey for welding and pressure testing to fix the leak which had developed. We got it installed and filled, and then we got the seat put back in and fastened down. I noticed when we were putting the seat in that he was breathing hard and after we finished we talked about it. He said that he had not felt well the past several weeks - short of breath, tired and moments of confusion. I pushed him hard to call his doctor and was shocked the next day when he called and said he was in an ambulance headed for the hospital. There is a lesson here folks - if you are not feeling well call your doctor.

On the brighter side, the truck project is finished for the time being. I got it out tonight and took for its' maiden test cruise. Everything worked great and it drove much better than before. The difference the change in rear gear ratio made is remarkable, and the new shocks also make a noticeable improvement. It was also pretty cool having turn signals and dual rear lights. I did notice that the front park lights work in the park light position, but not when the headlights are on. The signal side of the park lights do work when the headlights are on. I'm not sure this is correct or not. Some research is in order.

I am going to put the truck to work tomorrow hauling the honeycomb wheels from my Firebird to the tire shop. I am going to get them broken down so I can refinish the wheels. This will also help get the remaining sand from the blasting blown off and I will try tomorrow afternoon to get it all washed and shined. Here's a few pictures. The seat cover is original 1959 GM. I wish I could an accurate reproduction, but no one carries them that I can find.