View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

yep cold here too, 60 one day & literally single digits 24 hours later. ridiculous.

well you got the original bird so that will offset the price of the door decals.... i like the cars both ways & will probably end up using them, but for now i just hang the decal sheet on my wall like a poster.

i've had a few sets of the t/a recaros & just sold 2 pair of the mustang ones you have, they are the same basic seat with a few small differences like the vinyl headrest & different hinges & recline dials, but the frames & foams looked identical. & be carefull when you get into the t/a seats, that fabric is not available anywhere.

funny thing is im actually considering selling the 81 next year & buying a nice 4th gen. i just dont drive it enough & im tight for space so i have to sell one to get another.

also if the car runs now, hook up a boost gauge & go drive it, (when it warms up) if its building any boost chances are the turbo is ok, these cars wont build boost reving the engine in park. or just remove the down pipe & spin & inspect the impeller, if it spins & isnt too loose it should be good. few tricks to adjust the boost & get it up to 9 or 10 & you might be surprised how good it runs. especially if it was rebuilt recently. worth a shot.