View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce
Default How were the rear armrest panels installed?

I’m in the final stages of my interior overhaul and I’m at the point of installing the new rear upper panel and armrest. The armrest does the brunt of the work with two screws low and forward that screw into brackets near the door sill.

There are 5 screw holes in the metal formed plate where screws anchor through the top panel into the interior bulkheads.

Here’s the issue I’m having. Although the repop panels match the factory pieces almost exactly. The factory panels had screws run directly through the steel skeleton, nowhere near the steel cutouts meant for these screws. As a result I can’t sink screws back into their original locations.

At the factory, was this common to just run a machine screw through the upper panel into the bulkhead? Or are the mounting holes pre-drilled in the bulkhead?

If that’s the way it was done I guess I should just get some new self-tapping screws and secure where everything lines up. If that’s not the method can anybody provide any insight on installing the rear armrest panels?

Thanks in advance!