View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 06:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default The Body is Off

Thanks guys.

The weather cleared up today and I got some time this afternoon to go ahead and raise the body. My plan worked perfectly. My guess for mounting the chains for a close front-to-back balance was pretty darn close. The front was only heavier by a little bit. There isn't a whole lot of tension on the come-a-long at all.

I rolled the frame underneath the canopy for a place to dismantle it. I'll also take a wire wheel to it to get the dirt and undercoating off before I move it out into the yard for blasting.

I was looking and thinking about buying a rotisserie for the body. It sure would be easier to clean up and work on the underside of the body and be able to roll it outside for any blasting I do on it. Otherwise I guess I'll put it on sawhorses where it is now and work from underneath. I don't know though, this may be the last body-off restoration I do.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO

Last edited by roger1; 10-28-2020 at 07:10 PM.