Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
I received the throttle body from FAST last week. Apparently, they partially disassembled the throttle body to flow test it the first time I sent it in and messed up an o-ring when they reassembled it.

In the interim I bought a Sniper set-up and Hyperspark ignition/distributor kit. I'm sure I could get the FAST system working, but to be honest, I just lost patience.

The decision to go Sniper in particular came down to two considerations. First, folks I know here in town have had great success with them. One in particular runs one in a 535ci TA that's been driven 15-20k miles over the last 2-3 years. Second, the system and wiring is very sorted and compact. The harness that came with the Hyperspark kit (and which replaces the Sniper harness) simplified things greatly and made it possible to move stuff (main harness, ignition box, fuel controller) from the firewall to the interior in a way that minimizes the number of runs.

I did spend a lot of time rewiring to reduce the chance I'll run into RFI/EMI issues and to hide things. I also had to send the Vaporworx controller back to Carl so that he could set it up for positive trigger and adjust the fuel pressure to 60, but he turned it around in a day. At this point, all I have to do is swap out distributors and should be ready to start up.
Happy to see you are starting to get it sorted out. I think it's a good move going to a Holley set-up. Are you going to use the distributor gear that comes with the Hyperspark or are you switching to a composite gear? I have this same decision coming up in the next couple weeks (Holley Terminator X with coil near plug and dual sync distributor) and I'm thinking the composite gear may be the way to go.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/