Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I went with the regular base Sniper. It should be enough for this engine.

Install was super easy. The harness that comes with the Hyperspark stuff (and which replaces the Sniper harness) is really organized and compact. There are plugs for all the components and the runs are a good length. The bulk of the harness is in the car now, along with the ignition box (which I installed under the console) and Vaporworx fuel system controller. The square coil is on the firewall still, but I may replace that with a Sniper canister coil so it look more factory. Overall, much cleaner.

I dropped in the distributor last night, rechecked the wiring and connections, and ran the basic set-up on the handheld. She started right up. I have a friend coming over on Friday to help fine tune timing, throttle position, etc.

I also ordered and installed a Dakota Digital BIM module for the Holley system. This way I don't need the extra water temp sender/wire and a separate RPM wire from the Holley harness. Wiring was straightforward. Just had to set it up the BIM to recognize Sniper and reset the gauges to BIM input...it seems to work just fine.

Still have some things to straighten out, but I feel like I'm making progress now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5539.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	604585   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5541.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	604586   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5542.jpg
Views:	419