Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Although the Sniper throttle body is about .10" higher than the FAST, the design of the throttle arm/linkage and the placement of the fittings allows for an air cleaner base with a bigger drop. So now there's just enough clearance for a 3" filter.

This also means there's probably room for a functional Ram Air set up...the hood scoops are cut and grills installed already. Not really concerned about correctness (I wouldn't need heat risers, etc) but I think it would be cool to have a factory appearing functional RA.

The challenge is that the engine is set back 1.5" and so I'd have to modify the RA air cleaner assembly. I'm thinking I could move the holes for the boots forward by 1.5" but having never touched one of these air cleaners before, I'm not sure how easy it will be to fab something up. I don't mind buying a repop set-up, but they're too expensive to go into this blind. Thoughts on how this might go?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5547.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	604682