View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't wanna be a Monday morning Quarterback, but...
after reading this whole post I suspected your radiator all along. Not because there was problem with it per se, but in one of your earlier posts you mentioned it was 3 inches thick. Although it would have a lot of coolant capacity it would have a difficulty passing air. At speed that's not a problem, at idle that's another story. That is the caveat of having a 4 core in the old days is, it was always hard to get air through it and brass doesn't shed heat like aluminum. All newer cars (aluminum core) either have a 1 row radiator where the tubes are an inch wide or a two row core. That's why all these ($150.00) Chinese radiators work so good. They're aluminum which dissipates heat by virtue of being aluminum and they are thin (narrow), as long as they don't leak because of being cheaply made. I would be reluctant to buy a Griffin, they're designed originally for NASCAR, very little idling and 190 MPH speeds, they are quality and they are thick. JMHO

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars