View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:10 AM

No idea of mileage, but this was in 1976 so I’d be surprised if it was over 50k. Automatic car.

Not to change the subject, but I also owned a ‘72 that was a 4 speed car. It had an interesting history. When I bought it in 1984, it had an Olds 350 diesel block with gas heads and port fuel injection from a ‘79 Cadillac. It had a Turbo 400 with a switch pitch torque converter and a full floating rear end from an F350. It was quite the Frankenstein car. I found a ‘71 455 HO block out of a Trans Am, some ‘72 heads and intake and a Muncie 4 speed and 10 bolt posi and put it back as close as I could to stock on my budget (I was in my early 20s at the time). The story I got was that the original owner lost the car in a divorce, then the wife traded the drivetrain to someone for a brand new drivetrain out of a late 70s Firebird with an automatic because she couldn’t drive a stick. The original parts were removed but the new parts were never installed. The guy I bought the car from bought it in this condition and built it with the aforementioned parts.
I ended up selling it to a friend who tore it all apart and it’s been sitting on a rotisserie for years. If anyone has a ‘72 manual trans block and wants to trade for a ‘71 he might be interested.