View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Rotella View Post
My ‘76 was ordered with custom interior and it doesn’t have a console, so it certainly was an available combo.
It's a good think you spoke up;
I was going to reply that I seem to recall reading somewhere that I recall reading somewhere that the console became standard equipment for 1975;
Maybe that was on the Formula model, or maybe it had something to do with if the car had an automatic transmission option??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Pringle View Post
Hi All,

Has anyone seen any no console manually trans cars with Delux interior? I have seen a couple standard interior cars without.

I have a 74 that is going to get new carpet and was thinking of running it console-less.

Or i could use a really nice saddle four speed console without power window hole LOL
It is worth pointing out that if your car is originally a car ordered with a console, you're going to need to cut off the brackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Canamman View Post

Those first and last pictures - are both cars with standard seats but deluxe dashboards;
The first one looks kinda funny to me because it has the deluxe dash and door panels, but standard seats...

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)