Thread: The Last Judge
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxjunk View Post
special order car got black or primed bumpers..the bumpers where supplied painted..so if it was a non traditional or special color it could get black or primer..

at least thats what all the old timers have told me..they where there...notice some of the 68 special order color, cars had chrome bumpers? thats part of the reason why..

worked up to 73 or 74..there a famous SD T/A car that was black and came with red bumpers and flairs..well documented special ordered it new...black was special order and no black bumpers existed..so they supplied the car with red..and the dealer paint them in house...
Thanks Mark, I had forgotten about that practice but remember that Black SD T/A with the red bumpers and flairs.

I swear I remember seeing a thread a few years back on a a special order OO 71 GTO (non Judge) that had black bumpers as well. Does anybody remember that or is just me? Maybe HFR has it tagged....Mike, ring any bells?

Edit: I found this thread from 2010 where an OO 71 GTO is mentioned. http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...67#post3955867
BJ

Last edited by OVERULD; 07-17-2018 at 09:49 PM.