View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 03:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's my understanding that when a GOT built in USA then comes into Canada it had to be federally imported. Those microfiche manifests ,I believe , were bought off that agency responsible for maintaining them. Hence why they were and are allowed to sell the info, (RE-TYPED in their interpretation ) and on their letter head.

Then you also hope to find build sheets on gas tanks, seats etc.

Sure is nice when you buy a car that both!

In the USA I believe if the CANADIAN built car comes in then FEDERAL GOVT provided the Canadian microfiche to PHS.

So you obtain your PHS and again hope to find build sheets all over the car.

I think the same goes for USA BORN, USA SOLD, records of the microfische from factory sent to PHS.

Do I have it all sorta right?

I've heard many people say that a Canadian GM of Canada and Canadian car is more valuable then US due to the documentation history process? I fail to see how given what I've said and any seller can obtain regardless of origin of the car?

69 Gto, 390 posi gears,th400 w/jim hand converter/406 pontiac/#64 HEADS/ 10:1 compression/ 190 PSI with/ TRW 160 thou domes / hooker headers 1 7/8, PRW 1.5 rockers, 405 Crower Springs, Holley 750 vac with proform upgrade, Performer RPM on points / 284 H Single Pattern Crane