View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 08:42 PM

Default Fuel gas issue

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the detailed info! I have a similar problem that both my brother and I have yet to solve and hoping you can steer us in the right direction. I’ll try to be brief but important I share all the areas we’ve ruled out.
68 Pontiac Lemans - New sender, new sender wire, new electrical harnesses throughout. Non rally gauge set, new gauge PCB but original fuel gauge. Fuel gauge reads accurate at key start position. Once you get the car running the gauge passes full and off scale. Grounding “S” ohm to ground on back of gauge sends needle to empty. Reading 75 ohms at back of gauge which is accurate to gas level in tank. Checked new sender before I installed and was putting out 90 ohms at full. Checked sender ground connection- good. Replaced voltage regulator and charging circuit with 13.8 volts. Checked various grounds and all good. All other indicators on gauge, such as the temp, oil, gen lights work fine. I have 3 supplementary gauges under dash, voltage, oil pressure, temp and they all work properly. Any ideas would be appreciated! Your thoughts?