Thread: Oil Pan gasket
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

I'm an expert at nothing...There are different ways to use RTV, not sure what the Right Stuff is...A Super RTV???

I use Permatex Ultra black, or ultra gray, or ultra copper, for what ever application is needed. IF you apply it, and assemble your parts, while it's still wet, it WILL be an ordeal getting whatever back apart. My buddy's son is a certified GM trained technician, he's got his own shop now. He won't use the permatex stuff, says it's not nearly as good as the GM stuff??? I'm thinking HOW much better can it be???

Pre 2008 or so. I'd visit my engine builder. generally had something He was working on for me, sometimes not. Sometimes the visit for to hopefully just gain a little information. Many times his son would be assembling an engine, and he's be waiting for the sealer to set up...some. Usually RTV. Not sure what was being accomplished...exactly. So I let mine setup some, if possible, or needed.
He moved near Tulsa, and doesn't build street engines anymore, many life changes he went through....

Some times RTV can be allowed to completely set up and be bolted together, to be used as a gasket. Seen my engine builder do that too...

I wonder if that is what Stef's intent is, using Right Stuff???

Some where I have a squeeze tube tool, that was sold by Valco, years ago, to be used with squeeze tube gasket sealer. It came with one tube of their sealer. That tool is awesome!!! Gave one to my engine builder, hope he still has it...

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...