View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankbook View Post
Smart move to tack and send out. That will save a bunch of time and probably some frustration going thriugh the learning curve.
Extra bolts would be a nice addition, but not sure if it is needed. It all depends on the amount of boost you would be running.

On the bore and stroke I would tell you from my experience that my 535 seems to work really well.

You know there is alot of BS talk on the heads to use, and it will be debated forever. I will tell you that my heads I am absolutely satisfied with and would absolutely reccomend them (and have) again to any one, especially when boost is involved.
I would also suggest the roller cam bearing option in the block.

On the injectors--Talk to Travis. lol
Due to traction you have only been at 5 psi and at 4200 lbs your mph has you around 1000 hp. No question in my mind once you get traction resolved you will be able to use all your turbo's capacity. (106 iirc) I see a bigger turbo or twins in your future Doc.

I kind of like a 4.25 bore myself for gasket and oring considerations. 4.25x4.25 for 482 ci not a bad combo to consider either.(IIRC Butler promod is that ci)Maybe a 4" stroke 454 inch combo if you want some rpm to play with. Calvin Hills Quest port CV's have good volume for a turbo and flow 430+(I witnessed higher on Mondellos sf1020 bench). Exhaust mod (std Pontiac style port not convertible) gives great exhaust numbers for a turbo application. Convertible exhaust option like Doc has eases exhaust fab. A set of highports done by Calvin might be my second choice.

IMO the Moran injectors though quite pricey are the best injector out there. Bosch if you are going to double up would be my second choice.(probably still less cost than the Moran's)
Dont rule out a good blow-thru carb from CSU.