View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to HJones1313
Default Show us your toolbox or boxes!

I wasn't looking for a new toolbox at the time, but I found this on CL and had to have it. It was beat-up, needed some work, a lot of cleaning (which seems to be never ending) but it swallowed up the entire contents of three Craftsman 26" stacks (bottom, middle and top chests) three smaller boxes and most of the stuff that sat on the floor, such as jack stands etc. It rides on 8" trailer tires, has kingpin front steering, complete with heim-jointed tie-rods and a pull bar. The thing was built around a 2-bay Matco box, with a hutch, work surface, six lockers, and the whole thing sits on a 2"square tube chassis. There's electrical hookup on the front, with retractable cord reels in each wheelwell front and rear, compressed air hookup, and provision for a full-size nitrogen tank that's being used for a tank that fuels a propane torpedo heater. I replaced the rotten work surface with 1/2" ply, then glued some hd vinyl tile to that, and put some trim around it. Also added two 4-light LED light fixtures under the hutch. There was space for my surround-sound receiver, CD player, electrical cords, spray cans, the list goes on. I had a few metal GTO signs laying around, which were put up to cover some of the dents, along with some "Ram Air" emblems. The drawers had been divided with pieces of riveted aluminum, which were modified to suit my needs, and new drawer liners put in. It's a lot of work, but I figure it'll last forever. It's 6'2" tall, 25" deep and 9' long, so things are tight, but if things go well, I may just possibly build my new garage this summer.

Now fellas, it's your turn. Lets see your toolbox or boxes in the garage where you work on your Pontiac. I'm sure there's some wild ones out there; I'd like to see them!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00001.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	421204   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00002.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	421205   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00012.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	421209   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00017.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	421210   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00021.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	421211  

Last edited by HJones1313; 02-18-2016 at 09:14 AM.