View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 07:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Took Delivery of my 1970 RA IV TA on January 12th, 2017

Wanted to share this video with us gearheads. This was the night I took delivery of my 1970 T/A. It was the first time I heard the exhaust note on this car with the rebuilt engine. I thought I lost this video and found a copy of it on a thumb drive. My video cam died and I didn’t back it up.

I heard the car when purchased, but it didn’t sound as “Bad A**” as it does here. The rebuilt engine, cam etc.. Is so much better. What I have now is really as close to the stillborn LS1 Ram Air Super Duty that I can get. The big item that is missing is a RAV block. However, I have the next best thing which is a service replacement RA block that was in the car. The rotating assembly is completely forged and fits into the durability issue Pontiac was trying to achieve with the LS1. The engine has a .30 overbore and we added a 427 stroker kit. Equals 433CID.

The person I am talking to in the video worked on the car and the person driving the car is the owner of the shop. The owner of the shop built the engine and I think he knocked it out of the park. I trust him with all my builds. Up to this point when this video was made, he put three engines together for me. Since this build he put together a 461 stroker for my 1970 GTO and the 496 SD for my ’73 T/A.

I know it is IV not VI. I don't know how to edit the title.

Enjoy. I did as you will hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsmQXWoIMSU

Last edited by napster; 07-03-2020 at 07:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to napster For This Useful Post: