View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va68goat View Post
61-63,

We haven't used a mechanics stethoscope yet but a few of my friends that worked on the car apparently used an old school technique. One used a piece of wood and put it up to his ear as he moved it along the entire motor, valve covers, intake etc. The same method was used with a long screwdriver. As I understood it, neither of the techniques produced any results of value. I'm going to pick up the mechanics stethoscope today and try that. Thanks 61-63

400 Lemans,
I am using a mechanical fuel pump!! I will check that out next. Thank you very much. I hope thats it! Here is the pump that I'm using.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-m6907/overview/

If anyone needs to see any additional pictures or videos to get a better idea, let me know...I will get it done!

I would have suggested a broom handle but that only works along the intake runners pretty much due to space limitations. With the stethoscope as I'm sure you can picture in your mind, you can touch anywhere on the engine/bell housing/trans/water pump, etc., etc. and as you get closer to the bad bearing or whatever you can tell.