View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Drop Spindles vs. Lowering Springs?

I am going to lower the ride height of my GTO. It had recent upgrades including Moog OEM front replacement springs, rear Moog cargo coils (progressive wound) UMI rear control arms, "Global East" tubular upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks, tie rod ends and center link idler and pitman arm and HD sway bars front and back.

I love the current ride and handling but the car has a high '70s stance (actually much higher than stock) and want to try lowering it. I have 2" between top of the front tire and the wheel well lip front and 3" in the back.

I have a set of lowering springs I purchased but am wondering if 2" drop front spindles would be a better choice up front. I guess there are 2 schools of thought: 1) Lowering springs are preferred for their firmer ride to compensate for the reduction in spring travel and lower ground clearance and 2) 2" drop spindles do not alter the suspension geometry and retain the OEM ride quality at the expense of potental for more frequent bottoming out of the suspension.

From your personal experience, what is your recommendation?