View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The tech help is for sure better on the PY forums. And that's not to say that real experts don't chime in on FB too, there is just more BS to wade through. I try to correct anything I see that I know is blatantly wrong, and if I don't know the answer I keep my mouth shut. Most people don't which is the problem. I also get tired of the "what carb should I use" or "what oil should I use" questions constantly. I basically stay out of those until someone suggests using an E-carb. Then I cant help myself.

Im part of a lot of hot rod type "For Sale" groups. Those things are great. FB Marketplace is great. I follow all my local drag strips for up to date info. Facebook is a tool just like the forum is. The FB groups obviously get more Russian bots than the forums do. So you are way more likely to get a random political meme or a video of Trump rally from an obviously take account then you do here. Some groups are better at policing it than others.

Funny side note, Facebook is probably viewed negatively through the lens that its a bunch of kids.

The bad advice on FB car pages is ALWAYS old dudes. Always. Bunch of dudes who tell stories about their 72 Nova jumping Coke cans in the rain with camel hump heads and 3/4 race cams.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports

Last edited by RocktimusPryme; 07-01-2020 at 03:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RocktimusPryme For This Useful Post: