View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Having done this recently to my '67 GTO, here's what I had to do;

1. you will need some sort of proportioning valve with front disk/rear drum. The OEM drum system has a distribution block on the frame below the cowling where the front and rear lines are split into the two front lines and rear line. I installed the new prop valve there so I had to redo those lines anyway.

2. The prop valve can be mounted up at the master cylinder (typically with power brakes in the earlier years) so those lines from the valve to the front and rear will need to be done also but those may be available since that was the OEM setup with power disks.

3. If your system is power disks, you may be able to get a line set for your car, but will probably need at least a union to mate the rear line from the prop valve to the existing rear line in the chassis.

I decided to stay with a manual system so I mounted the valve "kind of" in the original location, but had to make my own front lines and master lines.

That's what i did...i would suggest getting the right front line on the crossmember as you suggest..the OEM routing is tough to do with the engine in.

George