View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 05:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just scanned the hideaway page from the 69 assembly manual, enhanced it some, blew up a few sections and laminated them .... I know I'm going to be handling them a lot Also made it a bit larger and easier to read without getting out my SUPER reading glasses.

Was just blasting some small parts and noticed even a lot of the very small brackets have the the numbers and the L or R stamped in them. Strange that those numbers are not referenced in any manual. Somewhere at some point they had to be cross referenced to part numbers since the assembly manual has part numbers and the actual parts don't.

I'm guessing the hideaway bumpers were assembled in a separate line and these were assembly numbers so the workers could keep all the identical looking stuff organized.

Since the "U" shaped rods go through the big frame mounts, that means the whole thing had to be assembled and mounted on the car in one piece ... I think. That makes me wonder when they ground the hood clearance notches in the top of the bumpers.

The line workers had to hate these hideaway cars