View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 06:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I never saw those adjuster nuts before Just the blackish-green-blue ones, but I never had a 69. Maybe North can confirm since he might have a 1969 or two....

There are a lot of those wider washered screws used on the front end & some of them are 1/4-20 machine thread. I had mine re-plated as I could not find anything remotely the same as the originals. I also found some of the headlight hardware in yellow cad (I think the bump stop bolts) anyway, the repop fastener thing is frustrating. some of them like the frame bolts are the same, others are claimed to be the same & they are not even similar.

Not sure why I got so crazy over originality on hardware on my car when I did a lot of things not original with the paint on drive train parts, lack over overspray, etc. I guess I wanted to be as close to original as possible, with exception to fit & finish. I could see GM installing it like gregs picture, Grills are not easy to install on the car either, so They likely had guys setting up everything ahead of time except the 4 frame bolts. The guy underneath tightening those bolts as the two above lined things up. Pretty amazing, but I suppose after getting a system down it probably got easier to do, & they sure weren't worried about scuffing the frame & brackets.

68 GTO 4-spd Convertible
78 S/E Trans am L78, WS6 Auto
78 S/E Trans am W72, WS6 Auto
79 10th aniv W72 Trans am
80 Indy pace car Trans am
89 Trans am GTA