View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

64speed, this is a have your cake and eat it too situation here. You want a 3" system, but you also want superb fit and finish and the most ground clearance you can get. Unfortunately, I don't believe that exists in a bolt-on aftermarket kit.

What you're wanting is going to require custom fabrication from a shop that can do it right, without a crush bender. The instant you start crush bending 3" pipe, you might as well have gone 2.5" to begin with.

That said, with the aftermarket bolt-on stuff, a lot of it is going to be in the install. Take your time, use floor jacks to position the pipes where you want/need them and be prepared to make necessary modifications. You can get even a 3" kit to fit decently if you're prepared for that.

I have a 2.5" with X Pypes system on my bird. I specifically went 2.5" because I didn't want to hassle with getting the larger pipe to fit and I absolutely wanted tail-pipes instead of dumps. The system fit fairly well, but it was still an install that required some cutting and several attempts at fitment to get things where they needed to be. You're correct that it is your money, but if Pypes doesn't make the product, they can't sell it to you. Instead, take that money, find a competent exhaust fabricator and have it created to your liking.